Hello list,
I've managed to get a test cluster working. ATM all cluster members have their
own copy of deployed servlets and jsp pages. as well as the apache httpd
frontend that contains an unpacked copy of the war file for static file
serving.
The current config is awkward to maintain but apparently the
org.apache.catalina.cluster.deploy.FarmWarDeployer class takes care of
replicating the wars across the cluster.

Ideally (unlesss I don't have a clue) the apache cluster lead has a tomcat
running in JNI mode where deploys are performed. The other tomcat only
cluster members are notified of the new deployment and get their local copy
syncronized. Does tomcat sync on the multicast channel or must I export the
lead's webapps dir on NFS and point the other members' watch dir to it?

Can anyone post their (sanitized) config so I can get the gist of it?

Thanks,

(btw, yesterday it wouldn't work because one of the two test machines didn't
have mcast in the kernel... grrr....)