Thank you so much for coming back to this! I just
fixed this and I was coming back here to report my
goof.

If you notice, in the command line that I used

> ant -v jspc -Dtomcat.home=C:/Dola/tomcat
> -Dwebapp.path=C:/Dola/tomcat/webbapps/projecta

the word "webbapps" is misspelled.

Now the error message makes a little more sense, but
"specified directory 'quote' does not exist" would
have been better!

Thank you very much, Joe.

Dola
--- Joe Riopel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dola,
>
> Did you ever get this fixed ? If not, how about
> pasting some of your
> build file? Especially around line 21.
>
> On 3/13/06, Dola Woolfe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > After 3 years of using JBuilder, I have conclued
> that
> > it is unusable. It was almost unusable in version
> 9,
> > but became worse with every version.
> >
> > I'm back in Emacs and started learning Ant. I'm
> > working with the standard build.xml example and
> the
> > command
> > ant -v jspc -Dtomcat.home=C:/Dola/tomcat
> > -Dwebapp.path=C:/Dola/tomcat/webbapps/projecta
> >
> > causes the following error when executed from the
> > C:\Dola\MyProject directory:
> >
> > C:\Dola\MyProject\build.xml:21:
> > org.apache.jasper.JasperException: The -uriroot
> option
> > must specify a pre-existing directory
> >
> > How do I fix it?
> >
> > Also, it seems that I had to add the following
> > classpath to the script:
> > <pathelement

location="${tomcat.home}/bin/commons-logging-api.jar"/>