Armand Rock wrote:
[...]
> Libraries have been installed in:
>    /usr/local/apr/lib
>
> I then copied the .so library file from /usr/local/apr/lib/libtcnative-1.so
> to /tomcat/bin/libtcnative-1.so
> I restarted Tomcat....I'm still getting a page cannot be displayed error.

By default, if Tomcat doesn't find libtcnative-1.so, it will generate a log
message in catalina.out that contains information where it looked for it.
In contrast to Windows, on Linux <Tomcat dir>/bin isn't searched for native
libs by default and it therefore has no effect to copy libtcnative-1.so in
there.

> Is there anything else I perhaps need to do?

Add the directory that contains the native lib either to the environment
variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH or the Java property java.library.path when starting
Tomcat. The easiest way to achieve this might be to create a file named
"setenv.sh" in <Tomcat dir>/bin which contains

# File content starts here
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/apr/lib
# File content ends here

(the path "/usr/local/apr/lib" is taken from what you wrote above).

Regards
  mks