Hi,

I need to create a simple webapp for a course project, I tried to install and configure Tomcat but I got some problems. I hope someone can help me a bit.

1) After the installation (on Windows XP), I start Tomcat and go to the default page (on http://ipadress:8080) but I can't use the Jsp/servlet examples. I got this error message (sorry, french config) :
Etat HTTP 404 - /jsp-examples/
type Rapport d'état
message /jsp-examples/
description La ressource demandée (/jsp-examples/) n'est pas disponible. (not avaible)
Apache Tomcat/5.5.16

2) If I try to connect to Tomcat from an other PC in the lab, it doesn't work, should I look for a "firewall" issue or a config issue first ?

Thanks a lot.

Jean-François Lebeau