Theoretically, I've ironed out the bugs concerning which JVMs Tomcat will run under, but it still isn't coming up.

The STDOUT from attempting to start Tomcat is as follows:

/wintouch/tomcat/bin/catalina.sh: 001-0019 Error found searching for command
tty. No such path or directory.
Using CATALINA_BASE: /wintouch/tomcat Using CATALINA_HOME: /wintouch/tomcat Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /wintouch/tomcat/temp Using JRE_HOME: /QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/JavaVM/jdk60/32bit Using CLASSPATH: /wintouch/tomcat/bin/bootstrap.jar:/wintouch/tomcat/bin/tomcat-juli.jar

Which is to say, /QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/JavaVM/jdk60/32bit/jre is a JVM that, so far as I'm aware, doesn't have any problems with Tomcat. Everything above is exactly the same as in a successful launch on our V6R1 box.

And Catalina.out is mercifully short this time:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:432) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:642) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:608) at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.init(Bootstrap.java:236) at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:425)

It's obviously trying to tell me SOMETHING, but I can't determine WHAT it's trying to tell me.

Any ideas? I don't see the class it's complaining about in either of the two JARs listed on the classpath dumped to STDOUT, but if that were the problem, it wouldn't work here, either.

--
JHHL