a bug report needs to be filed for the maven-dependency
apache-tomcat-maven-plugin that caused the error
the problem is since the plugin was rolled out to its new home..the latest
plugin version 2.1 has no content which displays what the new version is
supposed to accomplish
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MTOMCAT#selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Aversions-panel

If the apache-tomcat-maven-plugin fix is in version 2.1
deprecate previous versions and pull that version from the dependency list of
each affectect parent pom and rebuild all affected distros
In other words pull the contanimated version from all distros

If the apache-tomcat-maven-plugin fix is NOT in 2.1
Lets

1)file a report

2)grab the source

3)implement a fix

4)notify interested parties

5)commit the fix to source control ..tag it uniquely (e.g. 2.1.1)

Martin