On 16/08/2012 16:03, Schulz-Hildebrandt, Ole wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working with tomcat 7.0.29. In tomcat 5.x.x it was possible to
> use a custom HostConfig class by setting the hostConfigClass
> attribute at a <Host> element in the server.xml. This allowed to
> customize the order webapps were started, to avoid deploying of
> webapps at tomcat startup etc. Though this is still possible in
> tomcat 7.0.29 (internally still a LifecycleListenerRule for the
> hostConfigClass attribute is registered at the Digester) a warning is
> outputted (because the method setHostConfigClass was removed from the
> StandardHost):
>
> WARNUNG: [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine/Host} Setting
> property 'hostConfigClass' to
> 'de.ppimedia.tomcat.hostconfig.AppControllerHostConfig' did not find
> a matching property.
>
> Does anybody know why this method was removed?

It was not removed. It was added to 5.5.x after the 6.0.x development
branch was created from 5.5.x and the feature was never added to 6.0.x
(and hence is not part of 6.0.x, 7.0.x or trunk).

> Is hostConfigClass only a "internal" attribute in tomcat 7.x.x?

It simply doesn't exist.

> If so is there a "correct" way to use a custom HostConfig?

The simplest way may well be to provide a custom Host implementation
that extends StandardHost and adds the hostConfigClass attribute, getter
and setter.

Mark