Von: Mark Thomas [mailto:ma...@apache.org]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 16. August 2012 17:40
An: Tomcat Users List
Betreff: Re: hostConfigClass attribute

On 16/08/2012 16:03, Schulz-Hildebrandt, Ole wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working with tomcat 7.0.29. In tomcat 5.x.x it was possible to use
> a custom HostConfig class by setting the hostConfigClass attribute at
> a <Host> element in the server.xml. This allowed to customize the
> order webapps were started, to avoid deploying of webapps at tomcat
> startup etc. Though this is still possible in tomcat 7.0.29
> (internally still a LifecycleListenerRule for the hostConfigClass
> attribute is registered at the Digester) a warning is outputted
> (because the method setHostConfigClass was removed from the
> StandardHost):
>
> WARNUNG: [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine/Host} Setting
> property 'hostConfigClass' to
> 'de.ppimedia.tomcat.hostconfig.AppControllerHostConfig' did not find a
> matching property.
>
> Does anybody know why this method was removed?

It was not removed. It was added to 5.5.x after the 6.0.x development branch
was created from 5.5.x and the feature was never added to 6.0.x (and hence is
not part of 6.0.x, 7.0.x or trunk).

> Is hostConfigClass only a "internal" attribute in tomcat 7.x.x?

It simply doesn't exist.

> If so is there a "correct" way to use a custom HostConfig?

The simplest way may well be to provide a custom Host implementation that
extends StandardHost and adds the hostConfigClass attribute, getter and setter.

Mark