Hi.

On 31 August 2012 21:24, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:

> 2012/8/27 Sérgio <juger.on.n...@gmail.com>:
> > Hi.
> >
> > I am trying to use the Tomcat Maven Plugin to create an executable jar
> file
> > with an embedded Tomcat7, but I am having two issues when trying to do
> so.
> >
> > The first one, is that I am not getting how I can stop my executable
> jar. I
> > want to run it in from a script (like the shutdown.sh/bat from tomcat).
> > was not able to find any documentation about that particular issue.
> nope not supported.

Can you give me some pointers of where I should look at if I decide to
implement it? I could kill the process but that does not look a solution
but a workaround instead.

> > The second issue, is that when I run my executable jar it loads my webapp
> > context twice (it tries because it will not be able to do it as I use a
> > derby db, and it will give an error when trying to have the lock again).
> It
> > creates a folder .extract, and the webapp works fine, but I do not want
> my
> > context to be loaded twice. I am using the configurations I have found
> here
> > http://tomcat.apache.org/maven-plugin-2/executable-war-jar.html .
> >
> > What am I missing here?
> Do you have a sample project as I cannot reproduce.
> What is the content of .extract/webapps
>
> Did you try java- jar pathtoyourjar -resetExtract (or cleanup .extract
> directory before) ?

After taking a look to the plugin source code, I understood that I cannot
use "/" as context, and that is why I was having the context loaded twice
(ROOT and .war). Is it supported by the plugin to have a webapp running
with no context when trying to have an executable jar? I ask this question
because when I try to use ROOT (<path>/ROOT</path>), I do not have the "/"
context but "/ROOT" instead.
(Also after studying the lines 264-272 from
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tomcat/maven-plugin/trunk/tomcat7-maven-plugin/src/main/java/org/apache/tomcat/maven/plugin/tomcat7/run/AbstractExecWarMojo.java?view=markup
 )