2012/9/12 Kiran Badi <ki...@poonam.org>:
> On 9/8/2012 4:09 PM, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
>>
>> Regarding the aliases feature:
>>
>> single path -> multiple file paths: No
>> multiple different non-intersecting paths -> multiple file paths: Yes
>>
>> As far as I remember, an example of using multiple aliases is present
>> in documentation.
>
> Thanks Konstantin, it seems to be working perfectly fine.
>
> This is how I am doing it now,
>
> <Context
> aliases="/UploadedImages=c:/UploadedImages,/st=c:/st,/sb=c:/sb,/UploadedImages/scr=c:/UploadedImages/scr,/UploadedImages/scyr=c:/UploadedImages/scyr,/UploadedImages/sem=c:/UploadedImages/sem">
>
> Now I have one clarification, I am going need  close to 150 categories(think
> of marketplace) and there will be fair amount of images upload which my
> users will be doing.
>
> I expect the aliases to grow till 150 to 200 paths, do you feel this is
> correct.I am not sure as how large sites deal when they have heavy volumes
> of images getting uploaded on daily basis.
>
> Do I need to cautious here on anything.

1. You can add whitespace around ',' and '=' for better readability.
(I do not remember whether 7.0.27 allows it, but 7.0.30 should allow
whitespace there).

2. It is possible to define a system property (via -D in the options
list at startup, or via catalina.properties file) and reference it as
${propname}.

3. Having 200 aliases means that Tomcat would have to try 200
different prefixes for each resource lookup. Maybe it would not be
noticeable (compared to the other time spent in delivering a
response), but it still seems like a waste of time.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko