On 9/20/2012 4:24 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:
"Terence M. Bandoian" <tere...@tmbsw.com> wrote:

On 9/19/2012 6:38 PM, Jeff wrote:
I have a related question since we recently implemented
authentication to
AD via LDAP in our Tomcat WebApp but it currently prompts the user
for
every new session, even if they are hitting the site from their
windows
workstation that is already authenticated to the domain.

Is there a way to do it that detects the user's current AD session
and
eliminates the need to prompt them, preferably browser (Chrome/FF/IE)
independent?  If so, it would be great!
You might try Waffle.
Waffle is a Windows native solution. The OP wants Tomcat running on AIX. Waffle
is not going to work. If moving Tomcat to Windows was an option, then Waffle
would be a possibility (and that is made clear in Tomcat's docs - as are a
number of other options).

Mark

Hi, Mark-

You're right. I should have prefaced that with "If you're running on Windows". However, a second person (see above) asked basically the same question as the OP and I'm not sure what platform they're on. The built-in Java implementation sounds great if Tomcat 7 is being used.

-Terence Bandoian