Christopher,

Thank you for this fast answer !

Ok for all versions upgrades, I put it in my todo list ! It is a
customer environment, I can't make it immediately.

>> My VirtualHost :
>>
>> [...] JkMount /* ajp13 [...]
>
> Do you have anything else? If not, why bother with Apache httpd?

Yes, we have lot of directives (using mod_cache, mod_proxy, ...). In
reality, I have about twenty VirtualHost.

>> [...] <!-- Define an AJP 1.3 Connector on port 8011 --> <Connector
>> port="8011" enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443" debug="0"
>> maxThreads="600" keepAlive="true" backlog="8192"
>> minSpareThreads="25" maxSpareThreads="250"
>> connectionTimeout="600000" protocol="AJP/1.3" /> [...]
>
> That's a huge backlog, especially when you always expect a certain
> maximum number of connections coming from Apache httpd.

Ok for "backlog". I delete it as soon as possible.

>> worker.properties :
>>
>> # define worker worker.list=ajp13
>>
>> # Set properties for ajp13 => tomcat worker.ajp13.type=ajp13
>> worker.ajp13.host=localhost worker.ajp13.port=8011
>> worker.ajp13.connection_pool_size=1200
>> worker.ajp13.connection_pool_timeout=600
>> worker.ajp13.socket_keepalive=true worker.ajp13.socket_timeout=600
>
> What MPM are you using? If you are using prefork, then your
> connection_pool_size is all wrong. Generally speaking, you should
> allow mod_jk to determine its own value for connection_pool_size when
> using Apache httpd.
>
> How many backend Tomcat servers do you have? Looks like one.
>
> Let's assume you are using threaded MPM in httpd (otherwise the value
> for 1200 is insane) and you are using only one backend Tomcat server.
>
> You have 1200 connections configured in httpd (connection_pool_size),
> but Tomcat can only accept 600 of them (maxThreads) at any given time.
> You have used backlog=8192 to cover this up so things become even more
> confusing.

I using prefork. Indeed, in Apache documentation : "Do not use
connection_pool_size with values higher then 1 on Apache 2.x prefork
or Apache 1.3.x!". It's better to delete it or to put its value to 1 ?
What problems can arise with mpm prefork and connection_pool_size > 1
?

>> Usually, it's work correctly, but sometime, only on certain pages,
>> woker can't connect to Tomcat. In my logs files, I have :
>
> I think it's only a coincidence that /page2 consistently gives you
> 500-response errors, here. Try looking at a wider section of your
> httpd access log to determine if there really is something special
> about /page2 (of course, /page2 could be returning 500-response
> itself: you might want to check on that).

This page was in error 500 in acces log between 19:12:27 and 20:04:39.

>> How can we explain this behavior ?
>
> There are lots of explanations for what you are seeing.
>
> A few questions:
>
> 1. Do you really need Apache httpd at all?
> 2. Can you configure cping/cpong for connection liveness testing?
> 3. Have you tried disabling AJP connection re-use altogether?
>    localhost communication is fast fast fast.

1 - Yes :)
2 - Yes, but not immediately
3 - I don't, but I am going to test !

Thank you !