Thanks

>>Yes, but I am curious how you would make a browser send several
>>requests in a row on the
>>same connection, without waiting for the first request to return a
>>response.

For example, with AJAX calls
Well , I suppose that diferents AJAX calls go throught the same TCP
connection, but I'm not sure.

> It is called HTTP pipe-lining and Tomcat supports it (and has done for as
> long as I can remember).

OK. So, ALL requests over the same TCP connection are stacked up into
a buffer and proccess one-by-one, arent' they ?
Please , confirm this fact if it's right

> The behaviour will be as you describe *if* the client only uses one thread
> but most clients will use multiple threads.

Umm, I thought that persistent connections were the default behaviour.
I don't know if AJAX calls use persistent connection or open a new
connection for each request

All my doubts are about the relationship between   threads -
connection - requests

one thread by connection and that thread process all requests on-by-one ?
one thread by connection and others threads are created to process
each request ?

Thanks