On Sep 28, 2012 3:42 PM, "Konstantin Kolinko" <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> 2012/9/28 John Rellis <john.d.rel...@gmail.com>:
> >> (...)
> >>
> > Keiichi,
> >
> > Thanks.  OK so, when my tomcat starts it says :
> >
> > INFO: Receiver Server Socket bound to:localhost/127.0.0.1:4110
> >
> > You reckon this should say the hostname of the machine tomcat is running
> > on, with the hostname (tomcatone) in /etc/hosts with matched to its
public
> > IP??
> >
> > I'm getting issues when I try this as it cannot bind to the port, it is
> > probably something simple and I will keep trying.
> >

> What is the actual message?
>
> Your hostname is wrong? (E.g. it resolves to an IP address that does
> not belong to your server).
>
> Try to explicitly specify an IP address instead of hostname.
>
> > In the mean time, can anyone explain the difference to me??
> >

> Are you asking, what is 127.0.0.1 and why it is not visible from other
servers?

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loopback#Virtual_network_interface
>

> Best regards,
> Konstantin Kolinko

Thanks.

I was getting a "could not bind to port" message when I put the servers
public IP address in there.

Sorry, I know what localhost means I just thought declaring it here would
mean that the receiver would bind to the port on the local machine and then
be accessible remotely. It appears this is not the case. My mistake.

I was just informed offline that 0.0.0.0 would work for me as this will
bind the receiver to all interfaces.

Looking forward to trying this when I get back to my desk! :) Thanks!