Hi All

During some performance testing I've seen that Tomcat resets accepted TCP connections when under load. I had seen this previously too [1], but was not able to analyze the scenario in detail earlier.

As per this dump from Wireshark [2], it seemed like Tomcat ACKed the client request, accepted part of the request, and then suddenly decided to close the connection and hence RSTed it. What I would expect Tomcat to have done instead is to refuse a connection when under load, and not accept and RST. The problem occurs for a client that would not know if a RSTed connection could be safely retried. If the connection was not accepted, a fail-over is straight forward.

Hope to hear some details from the developer community, to understand this behavior better

regards
asankha

[1] http://markmail.org/message/v7cpj6oqumtn5gtp
[2] http://troll.ws/image/6b38f283