Hi André

André Warnier wrote on 16 November 2012 at 16:20 my time.

>> Tomcat is running and is able to serve up pages but only to itself.
>
>Huh ? Care to explain what you mean here ?

I would say see below, but...

>> If I do wget http://localhost:8080 I get a page saved and the text looks
>> right.
>
>Hmm. So I guess that's what you meant above.
>You can access your Tomcat application from a browser running on the same host
>as Tomcat,
>right ?

Don't have a browser on that server, but wget does the job.

>> However if I browse from any other machine (inside subnet mask, from web) it
>> return nothing but a connection error.
>
>And what URL are you using in that case ?

Various.
http://machineName:8080
http://machimeName.local.domain:8080
http://192.168.100.120:8080
http://externalName:8080
http://externalIP:8080

and all with https just in case

<...>

>> CentOS 6.3 64 bit minimum
>
>?? You mean you can get more ?

LOL

>>on 192.168.100.120 with a public IP
>
>won't comment on that one, but it itches

Oh go on. :)

>> jdk-7u9-linux-i586.tar.gz installed and running
>> apache-tomcat-7.0.32.tar.gz installed and running.
>>
>> The catalina.out file has the following in it.
>>
>> ========================================8<========================================
<...>
>> ========================================8<========================================
>>

>Looks all fine.

That is what I thought.

--
David

The TMTI Group includes the following brands
www.clickdontcall.com<http://www.clickdontcall.com>,
www.gadgethelpline.com<http://www.gadgethelpline.com>,
www.ukwebdesign.net<http://www.ukwebdesign.net.>,
www.appoptimisers.com<http://www.appoptimisers.com>, www.webvideoproduction.com
<http://www.webvideoproduction.com> and
www.appdevelopersuk.com.<http://www.appdevelopersuk.com>

The information contained within this e-mail is confidential and may be
privileged.
It is intended for the addressee only, if you have received this in error
please inform the sender and delete this e-mail immediately. The contents of
this e-mail must not be disclosed, copied or forwarded without the senders
consent. The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the
author and do not necessarily reflect those of the authors employer, TMTI
Limited. TMTI does not take any responsibility for the views of the author

TMTI Ltd. Company Registered in England and Wales No.04133536. Registered
Office: Corsley Garage, Corsley Heath, Warminster, Wilts BA12 7PL