On 19.11.2012 14:18, Ashkan Rahmani wrote:

which way is better for my scenario? I have one server - Centos 6 x64 , 8GB
ram- and 3 java web application.
1- run multiple instances of tomcat 6 for each application and configure
different port in server.xml for each one.
2- run just one instance of tomcat 6 for all three applications by
configuring Catalina.

It depends.

It depends on memory usage pattern for your applications - you can tweak GC for each tomcat separately. It depends whether they leak and you need to restart tomcat - and do not want to disturb other ones.
It depends on many other factors.

Usually it's enough to go with option 2, but you have to decide yourself.

--
Mikolaj Rydzewski <m...@ceti.pl>