If you need a thumb rule, you usually choose multiple instances over
single. Downside is, I think, it only uses little more memory. But else
than that multiple instance is much better choice.

I ran into exactly same issue. But I changed my application instead of
running it multiple times. I separated databases for each users then routed
them accordingly. Edited some logics but now every user has their own
"workspaces" but single app. It is much easier now to develop & maintain.
This also could be an option.

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 5:42 AM, Christopher Schultz <