On 26 November 2012 18:22, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> Johanes Soetanto <otnat...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>I am wondering whether there is a known issue with running Tomcat
>>6.0.35 with Java 7 ?
>
> None I can think of.
>
>>I see lots of "(502)Unknown error 502: proxy: pass request body
>>failed.." error in our Apache log after running our Tomcat with Java
>>7. Once I change back Tomcat to use Java 6, I see no error at all.
>
> Time to get tcpdump / wireshark installed and look at what is going on on
> port 8443.

hmn, i have been looking a way to capture the communication with
wireshark, but still haven't found a way to do it, do you know a way
to do it?

I can see some communication using tcpdump, but i don't think i can
see the packet, or am i missing something?

> Mark

Other than that I found out that I can avoid "pass request body error"
if I enable APR and use the same certificate. If I disable APR and use
JSSE implementation (keystore), it always give me an error at random
point. So I am not sure whether this is problem with Tomcat / Java 7 /
the SSL certificate itself.

My APR https connection is set like

    <Connector port="8443" maxThreads="150" scheme="https" secure="true"
        SSLEnabled="true"
        SSLCertificateFile="/etc/apache2/ssl/server.crt"
        SSLCertificateKeyFile="/etc/apache2/ssl/server.key"
        />

I am not sure whether I should cc you Matt, I see you reply to me and
users@tomcat.apache.org, when I click reply it automatically set your
email address in "to" field.