2013/1/22 Andrew Winter <andrewcwin...@gmail.com>:
> I am trying to implement a Comet process.
> Tomcat 6.0.36
> Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.2 (Santiago)
> Java 7u11 (32 bit)
>
> I have implemented CometProcessor.  I am using the NIO connector.
> When I try the servlet I get: HTTP method GET is not supported by this URL
> Am I doing something wrong?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Code snippet:
>
> public class ConsolidatedActionCenterPush extends HttpServlet  implements
> CometProcessor,CAC{
>
>   private static MessageSender messageSender = null;

static ??

>   private static final Integer TIMEOUT = 600 * 1000;
>
>   @Override
>   public void destroy() {
>     messageSender.stop();
>     messageSender = null;

This would break if there is more than 1 instance of your servlet.

>   }

What filters do you have in the request processing chain for this
servlet? Do they support Comet? (I do not remember whether it is
important for Comet. Just guessing).

You can use "new Exception().printStackTrace()" to check what valves
and filters are active for you.