On Feb 7, 2013, at 8:03 AM, Anil Goyal -X (anigoyal - Aricent Technologies at
Cisco) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am creating a new service in tomcat (7.0.20)

This is really old, you should upgrade.

> with service name 'catalina_new' and appBase='webapps' by doing some changes
> in server.xml.
> I am keeping the appBase same as that for default service 'catalina'
> I have several applications deployed under webapps.
> I want only a single application with context '/feeder' to be accesible
> through new service.
> Condition: I do not want to have a separate appBase for new service and
> deployed only the required app under this new appBase.
>
> In short, do we have a context based filtering in tomcat so that tomcat
> incorporate request only from a specific context path and ignore all others

Not sure I follow what you are trying to do, but it kinda sounds like you might
want this?  If not, please try to explain your use case a little more.

"deployIgnore

A regular expression defining paths to ignore when autoDeploy and
deployOnStartup are set. This allows you to keep your configuration in a
version control system, for example, and not deploy a .svn or CVS folder that
happens to be in the appBase."

https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/host.html#Common%20Attributes

Dan