André Warnier wrote:
Anil Goyal -X (anigoyal - Aricent Technologies at Cisco) wrote:
Hi,

I am creating a new service in tomcat (7.0.20) with service name 'catalina_new' and appBase='webapps' by doing some changes in server.xml.
I am keeping the appBase same as that for default service 'catalina'
I have several applications deployed under webapps.
I want only a single application with context '/feeder' to be accesible through new service. Condition: I do not want to have a separate appBase for new service and deployed only the required app under this new appBase.

In short, do we have a context based filtering in tomcat so that tomcat incorporate request only from a specific context path and ignore all others

I am not sure if I understand your question correctly, but if I do then there is some kind of contradiction, or impossibility. In tomcat (and in the servlet spec in general) a "context" /is/ a web application. So if you have a tomcat with an application under CATALINA_BASE/webapps/feeder, and a client asks for the URL http://your_tomcat_host:port/feeder, it will get it. If you do not want this application to be accessible, don't deploy it in your host. Or use a separate <Host> to give it a separate hostname and/or port and a separate appBase. That's less complicated than running two separate Tomcat instances.

I know that replying to my own posts is bad form, but I also missed something
else above.

Why would you want to create a new "Service" in Tomcat, just to deploy an additional application ? I'm not sure exactly what a new "Service"-level item brings here, but surely that's not the right level at which to do these things, or ?