Hello.

A question related to pools. Background: a big application in which it is
preferable to enforce different roles for different databases and tables.
This implies that there are different user names and passwords for different
connections. As I understand, there are two options for connection pooling
in a scheme like this:

        A. Create different resources for the different roles, each having
           the user names and passwords defined as constants in the Tomcat
           configuration files.

        B. Group the different roles into a bigger scheme and use the option
           'alternateUsernameAllowed' to obtain the connections with the
            specific user names and passwords.

Both were tested to work. But I wonder:

        1. The first option seems intuitively more efficient. But on the
           other hand, does each Resource define its own cleaner thread?
           I wouldn't want to overburden the setup with too many threads.

        2. Are there any benchmarks on the option B? The plain FIFO seems
           rather inefficient if there are many different users/passwords.

Any additional thoughts?

- Jukka.