Hello,
Tech Stack:
        Tomcat: 6.0.35
        Java: 1.6.0_18
        OS: RHEL 5.3

I am using j_security_check (JNDIRealm - LDAP authentication).
On failure I am sending the user to a common error.jsp in the application. On
successful authentication of-course the page requested is displayed.
The problem is that the error.jsp is called from the application as well if
there are any errors/ exceptions in some functionality (I want to avoid writing
any new error pages in my application).

In the error.jsp, is there any way to know that the failure is because of
j_security_check and not from anywhere else i.e does tomcat add any separate
sessions parameter after unsuccessful j_security_check authentication which I
can use for displaying proper error message?

Thanks,
Tanmoy