Thanks for your answers.

I wonder why browsers don't send only one JSESSIONID
If I request an URL as www.mydomain.com/app/myapplication/action.do
and it has got 2 cookies with the same name, one for www.mydomain.com/
and another for www.mydomain.com/app/myapplication/  , IMHO, that a
browser should send the most restrictive

Indeed, I don't know if there is some browser working like that.

Christopher,
if the browser sends a JSESSIONID to Tomcat and this JSESSIONID is not
tracked by the server , does any error happen ?  or is it created a
new session with a new identifier ?

Thanks and regards