----- Original Message ----- From: "Jose María Zaragoza" <demablo...@gmail.com>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2013 11:43 PM
Subject: Multiple JSESSIONID

Hello:

We're using Tomcat 6.0.24 as servlet container

This server listens for requests under the URL
www.mydomain.com/app/myaplication/

I've seen in my web browser that it has got 2 JSESSIONID for the same
domain at the same time

JSESSIONID: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.mydomain.com
/

and

JSESSIONID: yyyyyyyyyyyy
www.mydomain.com
/app/myapplication/

Cheking request to my Tomcat server, I see

POST /app/myaplication/action/play.do

Cookie: DWRSESSIONID=F71Wlww0mrwuExOQoE3aLslewQj;
JSESSIONID=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
JSESSIONID=yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy;

How does Tomcat server handle this situation ? I'm talking about
session managing
Does it read the first JSESSIONID ? Does it read every JSESSIONID ?
Can this cause problems ?

I know I can rename JSESSIONID  when it's serve by my Tomcat server,
but I want to be sure that I need to do that

Thanks and regards

Hi Jose

I have seen this problem when an "out of the box" SAP portal was installed on our network. It generated cookies with the / path rather than /sapportal/portalapp or whatever. The cookies with the root path did not get generated by Tomcat. The symptoms were that the Tomcat apps misbehaved whenever a user had a SAP application open.

The fix was simply to lean on the SAP team to fix their faulty configuration.

Regards

Ron