At ServletContextListener I've created, I do register a PropertyEditorManager that is able to convert string into java.util.Date. The registration code is:

  @Override
  public void contextInitialized(ServletContextEvent sce) {
    System.err.println("Property editors: inicializando");
    PropertyEditorManager.registerEditor(Date.class, DateEditor.class);
    System.err.println("Property editors: registrados");
  }

  @Override
  public void contextDestroyed(ServletContextEvent sce) {
    System.err.println("Property editors: iniciando remoção");
    PropertyEditorManager.registerEditor(Date.class, null);
    System.err.println("Property editors: desregistrados");
  }

When I run the above code using Java 6 (more precisely, JRockit 6), everything works fine. When I run using JDK 7, I get the following exception (as if not registered):

"type Exception report
message org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to convert string "" to class "java.util.Date" for attribute "value": Property Editor not registered with the PropertyEditorManager

description The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request.
exception
javax.servlet.ServletException: org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to convert string "" to class "java.util.Date" for attribute "value": Property Editor not registered with the PropertyEditorManager
br.net.studi.servlet.SecurityFilter.doFilter(SecurityFilter.java:98)"

Has anyone experienced such error? Can you please help me?

Thanks,

Edson Richter