On Mar 5, 2013, at 8:54 AM, Felipe Jaekel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to limit log rotation to a specific number of days to avoid that
> the logs folder keep growing indeterminately.

Which log files are you referring to?  Including the names would help.

> Tried to google about, people say to study Log4j or use crontab,
> but isn't there an easier way like a *maxHistory* property?

Tomcat's default logging mechanism will simply rotate files.  It does not
perform any cleanup or archival.

If you want those features, you have two choices …

1.) Setup a cron job to cleanup or archive old log files.
2.) Use Tomcat's log4j support.  Log4j supports cleanup and archival.

  https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/logging.html#Using_Log4j

There's probably other things you can do as well.  Those are just the first two
that popped into my head.

Dan