Hey,

we are still having that issue.
But we could manage to figure out some more stuff.
We made a Tomcat and Java update since that time we had our problem a few times
again, also we did some reconfiguration with connectors etc.
The last 2 times we where able to see, that both tomcat by them self where
alive. Just ajp on both where dead. We couldn't make a connection either trough
7009 nor 9009. An with our openFiles trick we found a lot of close_wait again,
e.g. 200 for 9009. I left the second tomcat on this state for a few ours just
to see, what happens. The count of 200 connection with close_wait was kept
until a reboot of the tomcat.
I would say with some of our reconfiguration we managed to stop increasing
connections. But still we are not sure why our ajp connections dying..

Here is our connector out of  Server.xml:

    <Connector port="9009" protocol="AJP/1.3" redirectPort="9443"
maxThreads="200" connectionTimeout="600000"  />

worker.properties:

worker.tomcatX.host=localhost
worker.tomcatX.type=ajp13
worker.tomcatX.fail_on_status=404
worker.tomcatX.lbfactor=1
worker.tomcatX.ping_timeout=1000
worker.tomcatX.ping_mode=A
worker.tomcatX.socket_timeout=10
worker.tomcatX.connection_pool_timeout=600

worker.tomcat1.reference=worker.tomcatX
worker.tomcat1.port=7009

worker.tomcat2.reference=worker.tomcatX
worker.tomcat2.port=9009

worker.loadbalancer.type=lb
worker.loadbalancer.balance_workers=tomcat1,tomcat2

worker.status.type=status

Hopefully one of you guys can give us a hint to fix that problem.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
David Kumar
Softwareentwickler, B. Sc.
Abteilung Infotech - Interaktiv