Pid wrote:
On 19/03/2013 19:24, Patrick Flaherty wrote:
Hi,

We deploy tomcat in our own folder (c:\rsi_tc\tomcat) on a WIndows
machine as a service. We use the service.bat to install
as a service. Historically to update tomcat we would remove the current
version and install the new version. There is rub in all
this which we have to change the service login to be an account that can
access files from a network share. Therefore when
we upgrade tomcat, we remove the current version and install the new
version and then someone ( the customer :-(  ) has to
go into the service and change the service login back to the account
that will give them access to the network share.

What is on the network share?

It seems to me that in this case, the "minimally-invasive" solution might just be some script which changes the user-id under which the service runs, particularly if this user-id already exists and has the correct permissions and has "the right to run a Service". The Tomcat update already requires running as an Administrator, so this script could run in the same context.
A small VBS script e.g.
Or just this command-line maybe :

sc config <servicename> obj= <accountname> pass= <password>

It uses the Windows built-in utility sc to change the credential of a windows
service.

Source : serching Google for "vbs change service login".