On 3/22/2013 9:35 AM, André Warnier wrote:
Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
From: Jeffrey Janner [mailto:jeffrey.jan...@polydyne.com] Subject:
RE: [a bit, but not totally OT] Tomcat Behavior on Multiple HTTP
requests from same browser

You would need a fairly large, and well-disciplined team of pigeons to
do that though. I don't think that this was a good metaphor, You should
have chosen a bigger bird and/or a smaller load. Eagles and tennis
balls maybe ?

Or swallows and coconuts.

Someone had to bring that up.  African or European?

I think we can remove the "not" from the subject line now...

Done.
This all reminds me of this (locally) well-known Belgian bird : the
oye-oye-oye bird.
For those who don't know the species :
It is a very strong, sturdy bird. Rather bad-tempered too, you shouldn't
mess with it.
It is a bit the bird-equivalent of the Belgian horse really.
It has a big round head, with a strong beak, say oh a good 5 inches wide
and 7 inches long.  A really strong beak, he can crush nuts or bones
with it.
Then it has very strong wings too, strong enough to lift a small sheep
for instance (or a bowling ball for that matter).
And tough feathers, you can make brooms with them.
And also rather short, but very strong sturdy legs; like 2 inches thick
and 2 inches long.
And then its balls, no kidding, they are the size of coconuts.
And each time it lands, it goes "oye oye oye".

Sounds very much like the African oomy-goomie bird.

There's a rugby song about that - something about going off to see a wild west show . . . elephants and kangaroos.

Looks like at least one subspecies migrated north.

/mde/