Hi,

I'm trying to run the following command ( runtime.exec "cmd.exe /C net use" ) from my tomcat app and it's returning :

net use
New connections will be remembered.

There are no entries in the list.

This only happen when I run as a Windows service. If I run the tomcat batch file to start tomcat then "net use" returns all my mapped network drives. The service login is an account that has access to the network shares as my app uses those shares, but the service login should not preclude the command from executing properly. If I substitute "dir" for "net use" that works and I get a directory listing. The combo of "net use" command using cmd.exe and running as a service seems
to be the conflict.

Any input much appreciated.

Thanks
Pat