2013/3/25 Thad Humphries <thad.humphr...@gmail.com>:
> I have a web-app that uses a servlet for downloading files from a
> repository--PDF, Office, images, zip, etc. It works with desktop
> browsers--IE, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari--on their various platforms. It
> also works fine with Firefox from Android (2.3 and 4.x tested). However
> when I try with Android's default WebKit browser, the servlet fails
> immediately with org.apache.catalina.connector.ClientAbortException (so
> says the stderr log).

1. Is this issue specific to some kind of files, or it occurs with all of them?

2. If client aborts a connection, there is nothing much a server can
do. It is issue in your web browser.

> The servlet is sending proper headers, including the correct MIME type,
> Content-Disposition attachment, file size, etc. I even took to adding the
> file's name as the last GET parameter. No dice.

3. Maybe the browser does not like "Content-Disposition attachment"?
Maybe it cannot save the file?

4. Does it depend on file size? How the file is served? (What
connector implementation are you using? Do you use compression, do you
use sendfile?)