Jakub 1983 wrote:
when I copy new version of myWebApp.war into webapps directory my context
from
conf/Catalina/localhost/ disappears (this context was manually created by
me),

maybe tomcat first deletes war, and also delete corresponding context file,
is there any way to prevent it ?
how should such update be done ?
  a) in developer mode (on my local mashine, when I want to copy from
console)
  b) in production mode, not so frequently

Hi.
I do not know the answer to your question, so I tried to figure it out using the on-line Tomcat 7.0 documentation.
And I couldn't, really.

I suppose that it has something to do with the "xmlBase" and "copyXML" and "deployXML" attributes of the <Host>, here : http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/host.html (and also with the "Deployer" page at http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/deployer-howto.html)

But I'll be damned if I understand how these things interact for your case
above.
Maybe I missed the crucial clue somewhere though..

Maybe an additional question to you : does your .war file contain a "/META-INF/context.xml" file ?

Note: there is a hint that if you set <Host .. deployXML="false" ..>, this overwriting (or deleting) may not happen. But it is not very clear. And since it is at the <Host> level, it would apply to all applications of that Host, not just the one you are talking about.