Am 2013-05-08 19:42, schrieb Christopher Schultz:

Michael,

On 5/8/13 1:14 PM, Michael-O wrote:
Christopher,

Am 2013-05-08 13:54, schrieb Christopher Schultz:

Michael,

On 5/8/13 3:01 AM, Michael-O wrote:
I recently have started using the SlowQueryReport to tackle
performance issues. The log message, unfortunately, does not
contain the parameters passed to the prepared statements.
Though AbstractQueryReport receives this information in

protected String report*Query(String query, Object[] args,
final String name, long start, long delta)

but ignores this information. The report would highly benefit
from. E.g., Commons DBUtils prints out the query and the
parameters in the case of an exception. The sole query isn't
really helpful.

Can we add this?

Sure.

Should I file a ticket?

Yes. A BZ issue with a patch is likely to get done a whole lot
faster than one without a patch (plus you get credit for your
contribution).

What file should I patch, AbstractQueryReport or QueryReport? I'd
exclude JMX for now.

Your choice: whatever seems to make more sense. If a committer reads
and patch and thinks it goes somewhere else, you can re-write it. Or,
you can open the BZ issue, then post to the dev list asking for
suggestions for where to start.

Thanks,

give me a couple of days. I won't have access to an appropriate env before Monday.

Michael