> From: James Snider [mailto:james.sni...@hbcs.org]
> Subject: RE: Apache Tomcat service has been shutting down/stopping randomly.

> We then moved back the "Commons" directory and "Shared" directory.

> Here is a list of the .jar files contained in the common directory
> we copied back:

That's a fatal error - don't ever, ever copy jar files from an older version of
Tomcat into a newer one.

I doubt that you will be able to straighten out the mess you created with this.
 You should really uninstall all versions of Tomcat, manually remove any
remnants of the old one (including log files), and install the current version
from scratch, not playing the renaming games.  If you have to update your
webapps first to remove the hard-coded silliness, do that before trying to move
up.

Once Tomcat is properly installed, then update the conf/*.xml files as needed
(do not copy over old versions), and install your webapps.  You've created a
maintenance nightmare with your current situation.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.