Hi Bernd,

Am 20.06.2013 18:45, schrieb Lentes, Bernd:
Hi,

i'm fairly new to tomcat. We have a SLES 10 SP4 64bit host, running Tomcat 5.5,
which was provided as a rpm from the distributor.
Our developers need now a more current version, 6 or prefered 7.
I didn't find rpm's for these versions for my OS. So i have to install the
binary version from the tomcat web page.
As a side note: general support for SLES10 ends with july 2013. If you don't want to buy extended support you should switch to SLES11 as soon as possible. This includes tomcat6 instead of tomcat5. SUSE uses version 6.0.18 but backports security patches.

Though I would still recommend the official tomcat binaries from the apache website. It's much easier to support a well known state that your developers can also install on their workstation.

- Stefan