On 2013-07-23 Christopher Schultz wrote:
> On 7/22/13 3:11 PM, honyk wrote:
> > I am reusing my recent thread of not related subject with some
> > updates...

> >> I recommend that you run with -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError
> >> and possibly also with -XX:HeapDumpPath=[path to where you want
> >> your heap dumps to go]. If/when your service busts PermGen, you
> >> should be able to inspect the dump and see what all the
> >> java.lang.Class objects are. I suppose it's possible that you
> >> have a lot of intern'd String objects as well (if you are on Java
> >> 1.6 or lower... you didn't say), but it's usually java.lang.Class
> >> objects.

> > I've set that recommended options, but when that
> > 'ajp-bio-8009-exec-NN' exception is thrown (recorded in the tomcat
> > err log), no heap dump is created in the specified (and existing)
> > folder: -XX:HeapDumpPath=C:\DataStorage\tomcat-heap-dump
>
> What was the original thread's subject line? It's hard to get the
> context of your question from what you have included, here. Remember,
> nobody is paying as close attention to your problem as you are...

Sorry for this confusion. But this is rather a completely new topic.

Briefly, if there is just 'ajp-bio-8009-exec-4' exception without further
details in the tomcat error log, can I somehow get those details? Should I
change the log level somewhere?

Now I know it was really because of insufficient PermGen. Maybe in this case
not all exceptions were 'written' to the log properly...

I am still curious. It could be useful for future reference.

Jan