Tran,

On 31.7.2013 7:11, TRAN Trung Thanh wrote:
Today, I tried to start apache tomcat 7.0.42 in Linux environment.
Server path contains two consecutive spaces. When I run ./catalina.sh
run, server cannot start and there is the following exception in console

I am able to reproduce the same problem. It seems that the problem is in catalina.sh.

On several places in catalina.sh, there is eval command which seems to be inproperly escaped. E.g, if I want to pass parameter with two consecutive spaces using eval, this is the wrong way to do it:

  eval echo \"foo  bar\" (prints: foo bar)

This is the right way to do it:

  eval echo "\"foo  bar\"" (prints: foo  bar)

I believe that catalina.sh should quote every parameter pass to eval in order to prevent whitespace collapse.

Please file a bug report in Bugzilla:

  https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/

-Ognjen