Be sure in our webapp, that no reference of this file exists/is still valid. I use to set to null every object which used this file (logger for eg) and that my webapp want to delete.

HTH

[EMAIL PROTECTED] a écrit :
Setup:
  Tomcat - 5.0.28
   Java    - 1.4.2
   OS       - Windows XP

Problem:

Within my webapp there is a need to delete a file. When I try to delete the file sometimes it gives the message "the file can not be deleted beacuse it is being used by another user or process". The only way to get out of this situation is - stop tomcat, delete file, and start tomcat. We do not see this message always - it seems pretty random. We tried to isolate it, but unsuccessful. Any thoughts/comments?
Thank You.
vasu