On Tue, 9 May 2006 15:46:25 +0100
"Sean O'Reilly" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Am setting up authentication through a jdbcrealm and all appears to
> work fine. The only problem i am having is with setting parameters
> like maxActive, maxIdle and maxWait. Can these be set for a JDBCRealm
> in tomcat 5.5 and if so how and where.
>
> Have been trawling the Internet for ages trying to solve this one
>
> Many Thanks

ok guys, this is what i have so far. What i need to know is will the
maxActive, Idle and Wait parameters be recognised in this setup as in
all the documentation i have read there is no mention of these
parameters for JDBCRealms. Am i right in thinking that these parameters
are specifically for JNDI resoources ?

<Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm"
            driverName="org.postgresql.Driver"
            connectionURL="jdbc:postgresql://server/database"
            connectionName="user"
            connectionPassword="passwd"
            userTable="users"
            userNameCol="username"
            userCredCol="pswd"
            userRoleTable="user_roles"
            roleNameCol="rolename"
            digest="MD5"
            maxActive="25"
            maxIdle="10"
            maxWait="10000"
            removeAbandoned="true"
            removeAbandonedTimeout="30"
            logAbandoned="true"
            debug="1"/>

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Sean O'Reilly
Systems Administrator

http://www.secpay.com

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Mobile 07917 463906

DDI 01732 300212

This email contains information which is confidential. It is for the
exclusive use of the addressee(s). If you are not the addressee, please
note that any distribution, dissemination, copying or use of this
communication or the information in it is prohibited. If you have
received this email in error, please telephone me immediately.