Thanks for the direction on using the respective Client/Server
EndpointConfig.Configurator plumbing to do a pre-connection AUTH.
Unfortunately, I'm stuck on the server side when trying to actually modify the
HTTP response result code from within the Configurator.  It doesn't appear that
the HandshakeResponse [or anything else that I could see] provides access to
modify the actual HTTP response - setting it to 403 if the AUTH fails.    In
fact, from looking at the UpgradeUtil.doUpgrade, it seems that the decision to
upgrade has already been made by the time the modifyHandshake override gets
called.

If I'm missing anything, please let me know.

Thanks,

Bob DeRemer
Senior Director, Architecture and Development

cid:image001.png@01CBE3DE.51A12030]
http://www.thingworx.com<http://www.thingworx.com/>
Skype: bob.deremer.thingworx
O: 610.594.6200 x812