We have a customer that wants to apply an existing multi-domain certificate to the tomcat server in our application.

The only thing is, all we've seen is a P7B file, not a keystore, and we don't even know what sort of keystore they used to generate the original CSR.

The only time a similar situation came up in the past was when somebody jumped the gun, and assumed that since the Tomcat server was running on an AS/400, it would use keystores and certificates created through IBM's Digital Certificate Manager, in IBM's proprietary format. All I can say about that is that I hope they either got their money back for the totally unusable keystore, or got credit on the correct one. Needless to say, we generally take full control of certificate installation, in order to reduce the potential for expensive mistakes.

At any rate, what can be done with this customer who wants to use their multi-domain certificate in Tomcat?

--
JHHL