"P7B" is otherwise known as a PKCS#7 file and usually contains a
certificate. Does the file contain *only* a certificate, or does it
also contain the key that was used to generate the CSR? If you have
the cert but not the key, you won't be able to use it for serving HTTPS.

Let's start with what you've actually got. You said you have a file.
What's in the file?

Well, from what little I'd read, "A P7B file only contains certificates and chain certificates, not the private key." (from <https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-converter.html>)

Is there a way it *can* contain the private key as well?

At any rate, it contains the typical unintelligible block of characters between "BEGIN PKCS7" and "END PKCS7" marks, 98 lines of 64 characters and a 99th line of 4 characters, approximately 6kb. I did a bit of futzing around with it, found I could use "keychain access" on my Mac to import it into an empty "keychain" file for inspection, and I found that it it appears to contain a root certificate, an intermediate certificate, and the signed SSL certificate. Looking at it with the corresponding utility on my WinDoze box gives the same result. Unless you know of something else that can inspect a P7B file, I'm guessing that it's just a reply to a CSR, waiting to be installed in the originating keystore.

--
JHHL