From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:chuck.caldar...@unisys.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 03, 2013 3:44 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Different handling of -Dfoo="bar" between versions

> From: Steve Arch (sarch) [mailto:sa...@cisco.com]
> Subject: Different handling of -Dfoo="bar" between versions

> I've noticed the following disparity between using two different
> versions of Tomcat when setting system properties using -D.

On the face of it, this is not related to Tomcat.

> If I pass in -Dfoo="bar" into Tomcat

Exactly how are you passing this to Tomcat?

> System.getProperty("foo")

The System class is part of the JRE, not Tomcat - Tomcat itself has absolutely
nothing to do with retrieval of system properties.  Whatever mechanism you're
using to create the system property may have changed (e.g., different versions
of the JRE or the JSVC/procrun wrapper).

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.