> Hi All,
>
> I am struggling on SSO configuration using SPENGO mechanism on Tomcat 7.0.42
> but not able to get it working. We tried on 7.0.29 version too.  Since I get
> Login Successful in logs, I assume Kerberos login was successful. Its
> SpnegoAuthentication that is failing.
>
> Exception:
>
> java.security.PrivilegedActionException: org.ietf.jgss.GSSException, major
> code: 11, minor code: 0
>      major string: General failure, unspecified at GSSAPI level
>      minor string: Desired initLifetime zero or less
>

> Used http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/windows-auth-howto.html as
> reference. On decompiling SpnegoAuthenticator code, we saw that we are using
> GSSCredential.DEFAULT_LIFETIME in createCredential method, which might be the
> reason for the exception.
>
> final PrivilegedExceptionAction<GSSCredential> action =
>                  new PrivilegedExceptionAction<GSSCredential>() {
>                      @Override
>                      public GSSCredential run() throws GSSException {
>                          return manager.createCredential(null,
>                                  GSSCredential.DEFAULT_LIFETIME,
>                                  new Oid("1.3.6.1.5.5.2"),
>                                  GSSCredential.ACCEPT_ONLY);
>                      }
>                  };

Hi,

I am using the same source code for my SpnegoAuthenticator with an Oracle JVM
on Windows and a HP VM on HP-UX.

Something must be different/wrong with the JGSS Provider from IBM.

What you could do is download my source [1], change the lifetime to
GSSCredential.INDEFINITE_LIFETIME and see whether it fixes the problem.

Michael

[1] http://tomcatspnegoad.sourceforge.net/download.html

Thanks Michael. It did solve the issue.
Not sure, if it will be acceptable as  a fix,  due to constraints and stuff.

Appreciate the effort :).

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, proprietary and
intended solely for the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you
have received this email in error please delete it immediately.