Am 2013-10-09 17:28, schrieb Chawla, Rachit:

Hi All,

I am struggling on SSO configuration using SPENGO mechanism on Tomcat 7.0.42
but not able to get it working. We tried on 7.0.29 version too.  Since I get
Login Successful in logs, I assume Kerberos login was successful. Its
SpnegoAuthentication that is failing.

Exception:

java.security.PrivilegedActionException: org.ietf.jgss.GSSException, major
code: 11, minor code: 0
      major string: General failure, unspecified at GSSAPI level
      minor string: Desired initLifetime zero or less

Used http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/windows-auth-howto.html as
reference. On decompiling SpnegoAuthenticator code, we saw that we are using
GSSCredential.DEFAULT_LIFETIME in createCredential method, which might be the
reason for the exception.

final PrivilegedExceptionAction<GSSCredential> action =
                  new PrivilegedExceptionAction<GSSCredential>() {
                      @Override
                      public GSSCredential run() throws GSSException {
                          return manager.createCredential(null,
                                  GSSCredential.DEFAULT_LIFETIME,
                                  new Oid("1.3.6.1.5.5.2"),
                                  GSSCredential.ACCEPT_ONLY);
                      }
                  };

Hi,

I am using the same source code for my SpnegoAuthenticator with an Oracle JVM
on Windows and a HP VM on HP-UX.

Something must be different/wrong with the JGSS Provider from IBM.

What you could do is download my source [1], change the lifetime to
GSSCredential.INDEFINITE_LIFETIME and see whether it fixes the problem.

Michael

[1] http://tomcatspnegoad.sourceforge.net/download.html

Thanks Michael. It did solve the issue.
Not sure, if it will be acceptable as  a fix,  due to constraints and stuff.

Appreciate the effort :).

If this one works, are you able to file a bug with IBM's JVM?

The behavior should be the same as in Oracle's VM or MIT/Heimdal Kerberos.

Michael