Hi Matt,

>>>Hi Chris,

>>>You probably want to be using ServerAlias here, iirc..

Changed back to ServerAlias

>        #This rewrites https://share.anydomain.tld to our alfresco server
>        RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^share\.
>        RewriteCond %{HTTPS} on

>>>Okay, I'll take a bite at the obvious.  Your vhost is running on *:80, and
>>>your mod_rewrite condition only triggers >>>for https; is your httpd
>>>actually serving https on port 80?

No, that is a copy/paste typo on my part.

>        RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://192.168.123.3:8080/share/$1 [P]
>        RedirectMatch ^/$ /share/

>>>I sort of doubt that this combination of rewrites and redirects is going to
>>>do what you want.  If the RedirectMatch >>>fires (I'm not positive it
>>>would), it would send a 302 to /share/, which would then get proxied to
>>>/share/share/ on >>>your app server.  (This is the type of setup I typically
>>>find mod_proxy much easier to work with vs mod_redirect, >>>but this is all
>>>OT for this list..)

I agree with you on OT. I am trying to determine if this is a tomcat issue or
an apache issue. A few months back, i asked how to go about accomplishing this
and i was instructed to config tomcat is this manner:

add to httpd.conf = # mod_jk
Include /opt/alfresco/tomcat/conf/jk.conf

jk.conf = <IfModule mod_jk.c>

    JkWorkersFile /opt/alfresco/tomcat/workers.properties
    JkLogFile /var/log/alfresco/mod_jk.log
    JkShmFile /var/log/alfresco/shm

    # Log level to be used by mod_jk
    JkLogLevel error

    # The following line prohibits users from directly accessing WEB-INF
    <Location "/share/WEB-INF/">
        #AllowOverride None
        deny from all
    </Location>

</IfModule>

workers.properties = # Define two status worker:
# - jk-status for read-only use
# - jk-manager for read/write use
worker.list=jk-status
worker.jk-status.type=status
worker.jk-status.read_only=true

worker.list=jk-manager
worker.list=worker1
worker.jk-manager.type=status
Plus all the other properties inside the file that i wont posted here. Then
made an apache vhost file like this:
<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerAdmin email@address
    ServerName share.server.name

    JkMount /share|/* worker1
    RedirectMatch ^/$ http://share.server.name/share/

</VirtualHost>

This worked for the 1 share.domain.tld so i made other vhosts for the other
share.domain.tld. The other share.domain.tld's do not work using mod_jk. So i
am trying to determine if i need to undo the mod_jk config and setup straight
vhosts. I am using mod_proxy with apache