>Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to help me in securing tomcat. I called godaddy
and they instructed me to download the tomcat cert, which i did, and follow
their provided instructions:
http://support.godaddy.com/help/article/5239/generating-a-csr-and-installing-an-ssl-certificate-in-tomcat-4x5x6x?locale=en

I skipped generating a keystore and csr in tomcat and went directly to install
ssl in tomcat (generating a csr and keystore = tomcat already has a keystore,
no? I already have generated the csr with godaddy (thats how i got the cert,
no?)

So in installing ssl in tomcat, i run the 1st command:
keytool -import -alias root -keystore tomcat.keystore -trustcacerts -file
/root/2b05f72c7ddd37/gd_bundle.crt (this is the root cert according to rep with
godaddy)
and get this:

Enter keystore password:
keytool error: java.lang.Exception: Certificate not imported, alias <root>
already exists

Then:
./keytool -import -alias intermed -keystore tomcat.keystore -trustcacerts -file
/root/2b05f72c7ddd37/gd_intermediate.crt
and get this:

Enter keystore password:
Certificate already exists in keystore under alias <root>
Do you still want to add it? [no]:  y
Certificate was added to keystore

Then:
./keytool -import -alias tomcat -keystore tomcat.keystore -trustcacerts -file
/root/2b05f72c7ddd37//2b05f72c7ddd37.crt
and get this:

Enter keystore password:
keytool error: java.lang.Exception: Certificate not imported, alias <tomcat>
already exists

Not sure where to go from here! Can anyone help? I just want to do something
basic and that issecure tomcat with a godaddy SSL cert.