On 30.10.2013 18:41, Jeffrey Janner wrote:
Not sure where to go from here! Can anyone help? I just want to do
something basic and that issecure tomcat with a godaddy SSL cert.

First, go back and re-read the last wonderful response you received from
Ognjen.  He is right on the money for how you last had your server.xml
configured.  If you haven't made any changes, you need to do so.
Then, ignore the bad advice that GoDaddy is giving you, because they didn't understand that you are
using OpenSSL, aka the "Tomcat Native Libraries", aka APR, in your configuration.  Go
back to the GoDaddy site and re-issue the signed certificate and the bundled CA certs in
"apache" format and save them somewhere that Tomcat can see them.
Add the 3 SSL lines to the 2nd connector in your server.xml as Ognjen
sugessted, and comment out the 4th connector to avoid conflicts (you didn't
provide the port numbers for the connectors, so I can't be sure you won't have
conflicts.)
That should do it.  And have fun.

There are actually so many questions for Chris. For starters:

1. Did someone configured this Tomcat instance before you?

2. Who added 4th connector to server.xml?

3. If the 4th connector is working, and according to log messages it does, then why did you add the 2nd connector?

4. If the 4th connector for some reason is not working correctly, maybe you should comment it out, as Jeffrey suggests, and them we could try to configure the 2nd connector together.

I will stop here. Before we sort out the basic stuff, I wouldn't be so sure what to advise you to do next.

-Ognjen